New Tool Gloat

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don’t have many new tools in my shop. I have been looking at this drum sander for many many months. Finally decided to pull the trigger. Never had a drum sander before till now.

so far I have been very impressed.

Attachments

• A00E7A64-A015-4720-90D2-EE1677DFD518.jpeg
    A00E7A64-A015-4720-90D2-EE1677DFD518.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 369

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Here is my new tool: Harvey C-14. I am posting the review as I use it over on LJ reviews.
Happy camper. Strip was with fence with no tuning adjustments. I cut one about 1/8 freehand. Guides do not move at all when you snug them. Easiest I have ever fooled with.

Attachments

• 20200424_150833.jpg
    20200424_150833.jpg
    987.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 20200426_092722.jpg
    20200426_092722.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 237

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats on the new addition. Been looking at its bigger brother, gotta grab it before the months over.

It is a very good machine. I have been watching this for a while. One thing I noticed, it seems like Laguna/Supermax has a 10% off sale every few months. So if you do miss out, I bet it will be back on sale in the summer.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I don’t have many new tools in my shop. I have been looking at this drum sander for many many months. Finally decided to pull the trigger. Never had a drum sander before till now.

Congrats on the drum sander, that makes the tedious process of sanding a lot easier!

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
Here is my new tool: Harvey C-14. I am posting the review as I use it over on LJ reviews.
Happy camper. Strip was with fence with no tuning adjustments. I cut one about 1/8 freehand. Guides do not move at all when you snug them. Easiest I have ever fooled with.
I had never heard of Harvey until a few weeks ago. Is there a dealer in NC?

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User

Nice

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe, The NCFurniture School should be able to help you with a purchase or a lookie-lookie when we can all get out and about

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Why is there a second person on Robert's new tool post trying to take it in a different direction? I've never saw that as very respectful at all. If somebody has a tool purchase to announce I would expect he or she to start a new thread right?

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
On the other hand, Greg, maybe we should just have an ongoing tool gloat thread instead of having a bunch of them.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Damn ! I was wondering where I left that thing, gotta quit swigging on the sanitizer :D

Nice add !

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
A word of caution about those drum sanders. The aluminum drum can fill with sawdust. After a point, an internal segment will lose its sawdust buildup and create an awful imbalance rumble since the other segments still have their load of sawdust. Solution: vacuum out or clean out the drum's internal segments. Its one of those quirky things that can happen to make the user think the machine is really broken when it isn't at all. Just sawdust buildup. It takes a lot of use for the buildup to occur even with a good dust extractor system. I mention this now so if that ever happens years down the road, you'll know its no big deal other than the annoyance of cleaning out the drum's internal segments.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
You suck Robert! I'm not jealous, I'M NOT JEALOUS!!!!

took me over a year to pull the trigger. I wish I did it back at Black Friday when it was 15% off but I did get it at 10% off.

no issues so far. I have sander several things down to 1/16” of an inch. I haven’t put really any heavy load on it but it’s doing everything I want it to. With my small work, I am thinking about switching out the 80 grit it came with for 120 grit

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS