Well, its IN the shop.......

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
It was a struggle getting it in, but its now in....

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Wow! Great technology, I am sure you will enjoy it. In the "old days" the learning curve could be painful; based on the video link you provided, this looks to be relatively easy (I hope that proves to be the case). Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
:p:D:pHoly guacamole Cisco! Maybe this would be a good spot to mention Ron Lee wants to sell his very profitable business, and retire. His CNC router is a huge Onsrud. Good business for a younger man to get into! If you want his personal contact info, PM me.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
:p:D:pHoly guacamole Cisco! Maybe this would be a good spot to mention Ron Lee wants to sell his very profitable business, and retire. His CNC router is a huge Onsrud. Good business for a younger man to get into! If you want his personal contact info, PM me.
Thanks Sawman, but a gantry CNC isnt in my future anytime soon. For me, this machine can be a very creative way to easily create custom turnings (think of a large kitchen island leg with grape leaves carved into it, that sort of thing) that otherwise would be extremely labor intensive. I would also like to develop and supply custom newels and ballusters.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
For me, this machine can be a very creative way to easily create custom turnings (think of a large kitchen island leg with grape leaves carved into it, that sort of thing) that otherwise would be extremely labor intensive. I would also like to develop and supply custom newels and ballusters.

I was not aware of this sort of tool, but it seems perfect for your application. Thanks for expanding my thought horizon.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Nice!! I keep eyeing the addon for my CNC machine, but need 3 more feet in my shop that I just don't have.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
CNC "Lathe".... I say "lathe" because it will make parts other than standard turned shapes. It has the capability to make virtually any shape inside of a 8" diameter x 72" long envelope.

Hey Chris, any lots for sale next to you?

I think moving in next to you and becoming that pesky neighbor who borrows everything could save me a small fortune.

I imagine there are some really neat uses for that tool!

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Actually there is one.... on a purely realistic note, I would be open to making parts for others on it, thats kindof why I have it.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Actually there is one.... on a purely realistic note, I would be open to making parts for others on it, thats kindof why I have it.

Chris,

I recall that a few years ago there were some people interested in wooden vise screws and nuts. Maybe that’s worth exploring.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Wow, that's a beast, already assembled and delivered on a pallet jack too. What does it weigh? Just curious. I couldn't find it in the Laguna CNC router lathes and it's probably an older model.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS