handsaw sharpening and handsaw skills workshops two days in a row!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
this is two workshops back to back, a great opportunity to be introduced to the tools and skills to maintain your western handsaws, and spend a day sharpening a rip saw, a crosscut saw, and a backsaw. the next day we will talk about how to choose the right saw for the job and we will practice drills for how to use these saws effectively and efficiently. we will cut several joints with plenty of room for practice.

handsaw sharpening workshop:
location Chestnut Creek School of the Arts, Galax Va.
date Saturday May 25
time 9am-6pm
class fee $112
no material fee (I will have some saws and some saw vises for sale)
Skill all age 18+

early bird discount $100.80
to register call, 276 236 3500 or www.chestnutcreekarts.org

the handsaw skills workshop
location Chestnut Creek School of the Arts, Galax Va.
date Sunday May 26
time 10am-5pm
class fee $84.00
materials fee $10.00 to the instructor
Skill all age 18+
early bird discount $75.80 + $10.00
to register call, 276 236 3500 or www.chestnutcreekarts.org

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Richard,
That is GREAT!
Half-price or nearly that of the "other guys" teaching the same thing, with less attention to "walking away" with the skill to "Do it" in your own shop!

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
with less attention to "walking away" with the skill to "Do it" in your own shop![/QUOTE]

ive read this line several times and I'm wondering if it sounded better your head when you typed it or not.:wsmile:

I truly hope and want folks to walk away with the ability to move forward with this. Now, with that stated one must take the information here and practice a little as often as possible. There will be reference materials to take home as well, you see I will be putting out a lot of information accompanyed by several hours of hands on work but if you do not take that and practice often then it's not going to stick. Now as far as price, I assure you that the price is only going to go up over time. The fact that I am an unknown in the area of teaching with these folks and that I'm not a personality has an effect on price. That's OK, I am confident that will change over time. I just want to be fairly compensated and I want share the knowledge that have worked really hard over my life to obtain. Well, I've gotta go to a job site today see ya!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Richard,
That is GREAT!
Half-price or nearly that of the "other guys" teaching the same thing, with less attention to "walking away" with the skill to "Do it" in your own shop!

I’m sure he meant that some other classes are more expensive and they do not offer as much hands on attention.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
with less attention to "walking away" with the skill to "Do it" in your own shop!

ive read this line several times and I'm wondering if it sounded better your head when you typed it or not.:wsmile:

I truly hope and want folks to walk away with the ability to move forward with this. Now, with that stated one must take the information here and practice a little as often as possible. There will be reference materials to take home as well, you see I will be putting out a lot of information accompanyed by several hours of hands on work but if you do not take that and practice often then it's not going to stick. Now as far as price, I assure you that the price is only going to go up over time. The fact that I am an unknown in the area of teaching with these folks and that I'm not a personality has an effect on price. That's OK, I am confident that will change over time. I just want to be fairly compensated and I want share the knowledge that have worked really hard over my life to obtain. Well, I've gotta go to a job site today see ya![/QUOTE]

No, you did take that wrong - I meant the Other guys are double the cost or nearly double the cost and they are less attentive to giving the student the skills to replicate them in their own shop.

You have shown me something and given me a method to retain the information so that when I am trying to replicate it, it is as easy as when you were teaching it...

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I read it a couple of times and I think Mike is right on his take.

At the website go to Learn/Woodworking/Furniture.

Last edited:

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well it was 4:30 in the morning :rotflm:when I was reading this and still had sleep in my eyes

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
So Hank, thanks for helping my out, I was being a little bone headed.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So Hank, thanks for helping my out, I was being a little bone headed.
Well, it didn't quit work out the way I planned it... ha ha
I hope you have a full class, I wish I were closer - I would definitely be a part of this class!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS