Festool sander hose adapter

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have a Festool 5-in. sander that I want to use with a shop vac hang-ups vacuum. The shop vac has a standard 1-1/4" hose end and the Festool has a Festool dust port

What adapter is anyone using to fit these two together? Don't really want to pay $27 (or more) for the Festool adapter.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bosch hose fits but the end does not swivel. The Festool connector is much better

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
DeWalt is just as bad. I bought the adapter for $20 to hook up my miter saw. Just did a search on Amazon and they no longer have the single ones, only 4 or 5 packs, and the price per each went up to around $48!!! Looks like time to start looking at other brands of tools.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Mark, get that printer, you have the entire market to yourself. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :gar-Bi

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Buying a 3d printer to print my own Festool adapters may end up saving me some money. ;)
You know, if they can make a dado stack that is adjustable via a simple click system, why not a hose adapter? We have shrink-to-fit jeans, auto-tension adjusters, and self driving cars. But hose adapters are too difficult? It's a conspiracy by Big Shopvac!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
You know, if they can make a dado stack that is adjustable via a simple click system, why not a hose adapter? We have shrink-to-fit jeans, auto-tension adjusters, and self driving cars. But hose adapters are too difficult? It's a conspiracy by Big Shopvac!

:rotflm:

I have to agree though.

JeffH

Jeff
Senior User
I've been using the Rockler small adapter & hose kit, one adapter to (sort of) fit my Dewalt 5" sanders and another to (better) fit my Festool 5". Other than the ridiculous weight of the hose, it works pretty well.

Connecting to a Ridgid 14-gal vac.

cpw

New User
Charles
I answered this on the test site, but I guess that doesn't migrate back over here.

[FONT=&quot]I bought a few Fein step adapters[/FONT][FONT=&quot] several years back. They are easy to cut so they can be adapted to a variety of mismatched sizes. Of course they have been discontinued and I know nothing about the newer ones that Rockler is selling. I have a car cleaning kit with a 1 1/4" hose that adapts to my Ridgid shop vac and the Fein adapters have been great for making vac nozzle work with my sanders and my Bosch glide saw. [/FONT]

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have always found an appropriate Fernco adapter to adapt different hose sizes. Find plenty of options at your local Lowe's or HD store.

cpw

New User
Charles
I have always found an appropriate Fernco adapter to adapt different hose sizes. Find plenty of options at your local Lowe's or HD store.

Do you find you need to use clamps, or do they generally hold without?

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have the opposite issue; festool vac that does not adapt to anything but festool! Their hose won’t even attach to the sawstop blade guard and they are owned by the same parent.

good luck

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Fernco fittings come with screw clamps already included. I'd recommend checking the Fernco choices with the hose you want to adapt at the store.
Do you find you need to use clamps, or do they generally hold without?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS