The Woodworking Show March 29, 30, 31 CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We have been accepted into the Woodworking Show in Charlotte! I have some tickets available for all day volunteers.
I need volunteers for turning on the lathe, birdhouse assembly, and scroll saw demonstrating.
GreyWolf has said he will be there with his hand tool bench.
Please sign up to help here on this thread and include where you will help and the time you can help.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Thursday March 28 setup 12-6pm
Barry W
Chuck
Berta
Mquan01

Friday March 29 9am all day
Barry w
Sawman101 Scrollsaw
GreyWolf Handtool Bench
Chuck
Berta
Mquan01

Saturday March 30 9am. all day
Barry W
Raymond Lathe
Scott M Scrollsaw
Greywolf Handtool Bench
Chuck
Berta

Sunday March 31 9am- tear down begins at 3pm
Barry W
Chuck
Berta
Greywolf Handtool Bench
Danny Batchelor
Mquan01

The show is at THE PARK EXPO FREEDOM HALL CHARLOTTE NC. I searched that and found a large list of hotels. Chuck and I will be at the Country Inn and Suites. This was an inexpensive option with 4 stars.

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Put me down for SAT all day - lathe. SUN is iffy right now but as we get closer I will have a better idea.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I can help Thursday - Sunday. Should I plan to bring the trailer back with me for the Cub Scout Outreach?

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Berta, do they know NCWW will be putting the trailer on the floor and are there provisions for doing so? Is the booth space large enough for it and demonstrations? Having worked this show in the past, I know some provisions must be made for setup, etc., and some booth spaces allocated for clubs, etc. are not as large as vendors' spaces. Just a thought.......

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I did NOT expect the trailer to be on the floor. This is the space we use with 2 10 x10 pop ups.
The usual space they give is based on 10 x 10. I asked for 10 x 20 they said ok. I’m cool.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My schedule is currently open all those dates so tell me where you need me. Is there a hotel that others are planning to use?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Scott, you may come any day you choose. I will be there for the entire show.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Berta, based upon experience and schedule for other shows on circuit this year, doors don't open to public till noon on Friday. Unfortunately for NCWW, if we go to show it would be Chantilly the weekend before the Charlotte show. Chantilly is about an hour from our daughter's house, so we could do a visit and also take in the show. For those who haven't been before, be sure and take in the FREE talks. That, plus picking up trinkets (things that cost more to ship than to buy) are my two reasons for visiting the Show. Always enjoy Jim Heavy of Wood Magazine's talks. He is one of the most "down to earth people" you could ever hope to meet.

Last edited:

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Berta, I see that other volunteers are signing up for specific duties in the NCWW booth. As I will be present for all four days and of course will help with set-up and tear-down, do you want me to be a "floater" during the show to fill in where needed? I did not attend the last Klingspor Hickory Show and don't know if we are still doing light sabers? I have two - three hundred light saber blanks and will bring them to this show.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Berta, I see that other volunteers are signing up for specific duties in the NCWW booth. As I will be present for all four days and of course will help with set-up and tear-down, do you want me to be a "floater" during the show to fill in where needed? I did not attend the last Klingspor Hickory Show and don't know if we are still doing light sabers? I have two - three hundred light saber blanks and will bring them to this show.

Yes please. We are making light sabers, whistles and key fobs on the lathe, and bird house assembly!

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I will come down on Sat if we dont go to Chantilly. I will know in a few weeks.........:gar-La;

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My tentative plan is to arrive on Friday afternoon and stay until closing on Saturday.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The trailer will be ready to be picked up at my home in Raleigh on or after March 16

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I seem to be making weekly trips to Raleigh, usually on Wednesdays. I can bring it back to the Winston area once it is ready.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I seem to be making weekly trips to Raleigh, usually on Wednesdays. I can bring it back to the Winston area once it is ready.

I can meet you in the King area on 3/19 or 3/26 to take possession of the trailer. Thanks for bringing it to our area.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS