Formica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futbalfantic

New User
Dan
Hello all,

New user and starting with a for sale post.... applogies

A near by cabinet shop closed down and I got my hands on ~300 sheets of Formica type laminate. Any idea on the best place for me to unload these? I looked over the forum and didn't see a specific place to post items for sale.

TIA,
Futbalfantic (Dan)

Futbalfantic

New User
Dan
Thanks bowman, I guess I will need to wait the 60 days to post up in the wood sub-section? Just want to make sure I'm on the up and up with the powers that be.

Dan

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Dan, besides the normal use for countertops, formica makes a dandy top for a router table. Or a top for your sharpening station if you use water stones.

Roy G

Futbalfantic

New User
Dan
ABSOLUTELY!!! If by free shipping you mean coming to pick it up and "shipping" it home. And it's free with a donation made out to "Dan"

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
What are the sizes Dan, and the suggested donation amounts? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Futbalfantic

New User
Dan
I hope I don't get in trouble with the overlords with this butttt....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

That is the list list of what I have. Size, rough base color, suggested donation, and attributes I have listed some of the matching pieces but that is not a complete list. There are more but those are the ones that came off the stack near each other. Pictures can be found https://www.flickr.com/gp/160140871@N07/941d38

Attachments

• IMG_4621.JPG
    IMG_4621.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4622.JPG
    IMG_4622.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4620.JPG
    IMG_4620.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4619.JPG
    IMG_4619.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4618.JPG
    IMG_4618.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_4617.JPG
    IMG_4617.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 250

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
You’re not in trouble with anyone, but given that Formica is much more closely associated with Wood than Power Tools and Shop Equipment (what the Classifieds is geared towards), I’ve moved this thread to the “Wood” forum which is the one forum that exists as an exception to the usual Classified rules as Wood products for sale may be listed in the “Wood” forum.

Futbalfantic

New User
Dan
Will do. It is currently in the market place but I'll post a link there too.

Everyone who has shown interest seems to have been scared off? Whats up with that?

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
One of the handiest uses I've found for the plastic laminate is on the shelves of kitchen cabinets. Bulletproof!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
So buy some!

I did.

About 20 years ago I got many hundreds of pounds of the stuff from a closing millwork shop's auction. Good stuff, all .050" thick, not the flimsy stuff sold today. Gave half of it to a local school shop that was active in cabinetmaking. Still got at least 60% of what I kept. You get whatever colors are in the rack. I've got about a 1/2 sheet of gloss pink that has a clear plastic film over it to protect the gloss. About the same hue as Jayne Mansfield's Cadillac. I keep waiting for someone to try a cheap-o dodge saying they just wanted a laminated top and didn't care about the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS