Book Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Birthday gift for my son who is a high school English teacher and aspiring poet. Not my design (plagiarised from the net). Walnut book cover, cherry bookmark, basswood pages and feather.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• book1.jpg
    book1.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 370
  • book2.jpg
    book2.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 383

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Beautiful project Preston, and it's not plagiarised, it a representation of something you saw on the web. :)

Remember... "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. - Charles Caleb Colton"

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
+10
That is very well done.
I may have to put that one on my project list. I don't know who I know that needs one, but that looks like a cool design to try to make.

Scott Cardais

New User
ScottC
Great idea and wonderful execution. Something your son can hand down to his children. The carved feather is a great touch. Does the feather represent a writing quill?

I'm curious about the walnut cover (back, spine and top). Is it three pieces joined together or a single large block hollowed out to fit the box that holds the drawer or ??

Finally, what is the dark shiny object at the base of the feather on top??

Thanks again for sharing.

Scott C (Saluda, NC)

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Great idea and wonderful execution. Something your son can hand down to his children. The carved feather is a great touch. Does the feather represent a writing quill?

I'm curious about the walnut cover (back, spine and top). Is it three pieces joined together or a single large block hollowed out to fit the box that holds the drawer or ??

Finally, what is the dark shiny object at the base of the feather on top??

Thanks again for sharing.

Scott C (Saluda, NC)

The walnut cover is three pieces. Yes, the dark shiny object is an ink drop...turned from a scrap of maple, painted black, and coated with high gloss acrylic. The end of the quill was also painted and coated with acrylic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS