March 2017 Contest: the most wackiest design you have built!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just one question, Willem. How do you tell which grinder has what spice in it?

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Farmerbw, you were close enough with what goes into the bottom tray. PM me your address and I will mail you one. These are indeed grinder mills, but not for coffee. They are used for salt, pepper and dry spices when cooking. They are different from the norm in that for spices the grinder has to be sealed when not dispensing, so the spices do not lose their flavor, or pull moisture from humidity and start molding. I am actually doing one at our turning club as a demo tomorrow evening, which will be the one I will mail you. They are made from spalted Pecan.

View attachment 22752

The gizmo is complete, basically a kitchen tool for someone who enjoys coffee on the run while cooking.:)

View attachment 22751

Wow, cool!!! :eusa_danc I was thinking there couldn't possibly be that much different stuff that could be ground to go in coffee!! :rotflm: That's pretty cool and I appreciated your generosity, it was fun reading through all the guessing and clues as well while scratching my head going ###!?!?!?! :gar-La;

I'll shoot you my address, thanks again.

B.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Just one question, Willem. How do you tell which grinder has what spice in it?

LOL, good question. I print little labels 12 font high and sticky on the bottom half. Not done that yet. My favorite spice blend is Garlic, Onion, and Shallots, chopped and dried in a pan in the oven overnight. Then grinding between fine and course. Works on everything, specially when baking bread. :)

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Alright people. Surely someone else must have a wacky design that you've built??? I'll leave this open today! BUT, I will plan to close it this evening. Watch for the April contest to be posted soon!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here you go.
20170402_132958.jpg20170402_133005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS