March 2017 Contest: the most wackiest design you have built!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL Spicer

New User
Al
[h=2]This is by far the wackiest design I have ever come up with. I just wanted to build something with a circular theme. [/h]

side6.jpg

top12.jpg

ncfromnc

New User
neil
Hi everybody, Here is my entry for March. I am very interested in Enzo Mari the Italian designer. Particularly his publication from the '70's called Autoprogettazione. In it he lays out designs for common everyday furniture that anyone can build from standard lumber, a saw, and hammer and nails. It's the truss/trestle work that interests me. I love house framing, old truss bridges etc. here's a couple pics. This table is made from Teak and Blk. Walnut.halltableteak1.jpg

Attachments

• halltableteak3.jpg
    halltableteak3.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 184

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
I like that but please tell me you didn't use hammer & nails! re previous; Deviled egg server? depth charge server?

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
I like that but please tell me you didn't use hammer & nails! re previous; Deviled egg server? depth charge server?

Pecan Gizmo update:

There is a clue in the picture, gizmo drying from second spray coat. Should get you 50% of the way.:wwink:
Here is a challenge for the group,first one who guesses right what fits in the bottom tray, I will mail you one free. They retail around $50.

Pecan Gizmo.jpg

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Pecan Gizmo update:

There is a clue in the picture, gizmo drying from second spray coat. Should get you 50% of the way.:wwink:
Here is a challenge for the group,first one who guesses right what fits in the bottom tray, I will mail you one free. They retail around $50.

View attachment 22704[/QUOTE

Well, a lazy susan of some sort.... A spice rack or condiment tray?

B

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Pecan Gizmo update:

View attachment 22704[/QUOTE

Well, a lazy susan of some sort.... A spice rack or condiment tray?

B

Very close on the bottom tray. A little more specific on the things that sit in the bottom tray?

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'm guessing that it is for an ice cream shop and the lower deck (back disk in the picture) holds the "sprinkles", and the holey disks will hold customer ice cream cones.:banana:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
coffee cups on the bottom and k-cups on the top two racks - I like, very nice

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Don't know about pastries or coffee cups, but that would make a fine holder for my lathe chisels. I plan to build something mighty close to that for just that purpose.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Darn, now you have my thinking too hard on a Saturday night.
Bottom level is for turned cup holders or napkin rings (does anybody still use those) or turned dishes for sweeteners or bud vases or
turned mixing sticks holders or I give up

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Got the top trays, nope for the bottom tray. Tip, what goes in the bottom tray, turned on the lathe.

Mills or grinders for stuff to add to coffee? Bowls for different types of sugar? I don't drink coffee so I'm at a disadvantage I think! :gar-La;

B

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
does the wacky thing have to be made of wood?

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Farmerbw, you were close enough with what goes into the bottom tray. PM me your address and I will mail you one. These are indeed grinder mills, but not for coffee. They are used for salt, pepper and dry spices when cooking. They are different from the norm in that for spices the grinder has to be sealed when not dispensing, so the spices do not lose their flavor, or pull moisture from humidity and start molding. I am actually doing one at our turning club as a demo tomorrow evening, which will be the one I will mail you. They are made from spalted Pecan.

DSCN1320.jpg

The gizmo is complete, basically a kitchen tool for someone who enjoys coffee on the run while cooking.:)

DSCN1318.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS