WTB: Jointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifton

New User
Cliff
I need a jointer 6" or up, with price from $0.00 to about $350. Used of course, and do not want a bench top model. Maybe a used grizzly, jet, powermatic that someone doesnt have the room for or has replaced with a new one and wants to help me finish the last tool i need for my shop. Ive tried looking for one on Ebay and have success finding them, they just all wont ship and require i drive to California or Missouri to pick em up :( which makes it a no go.....So if anyone has a jointer they can part with to a guy who will give it lots of TLC and who will respect it for the quality of tool it is, then please let me know!

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
If you are interested in a combination machine, I have a Makita 2030 planer/jointer combo that I need to let go. Good shape. Relatively new feed rolls. All the paper work. It is in that price range.

Clifton

New User
Cliff
If you are interested in a combination machine, I have a Makita 2030 planer/jointer combo that I need to let go. Good shape. Relatively new feed rolls. All the paper work. It is in that price range.

can you email me some pics? Also, the rollers on that unit are prone to cracking and its about $170 to have them repaired, are the rollers on yours cracked? Do you have a makita blade sharpening grinder also? Do you have the original manual or are you a second/third/etc owner? and finally what is the price you want for yours? I will have to carefully consider it as i purchased a 12" planer last week and will need to sell it now if i buy this one. Ive got to get a jointer though as finding one has proven difficult. I cant even buy a new one as grizzly's are on back order for the next two months...

Last edited:

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
will send an email. Have all the manuals. I bought the machine new.
IMG_76681.JPG

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
My neighbor has a 6" Jet mounted on a Mobil base. It also includes a "Blade Buddy" magnetic jig to set the blades. She is asking $300.00. Located in Asheville.

Clifton

New User
Cliff
My neighbor has a 6" Jet mounted on a Mobil base. It also includes a "Blade Buddy" magnetic jig to set the blades. She is asking $300.00. Located in Asheville.
Thanks for the info Dan, do you have a model number for it? So i can check it out. Or can you get a pic from her?

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Just a reminder, all sales and wanted ads for tools and hardware (aside from wood) are supposed to be completed through the site Classifieds, such that we are not cluttering various random forums with ads for such goods.

Classified ads are free for non-commercial purposes and can be created via the "Classifieds" tab on the main menu bar. Classified Ads in progress can then be managed from the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of every page).

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Cliff,
Here are some pics of the Jet 6" Jointer.
IMG_0182.JPGIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0181.JPG

As mentioned earlier, she's asking for $300.00 which includes the HTC mobile base and the Jointer Pal jig for accurately setting the blades. PM if you're interested.

Thanks for the info Dan, do you have a model number for it? So i can check it out. Or can you get a pic from her?

Clifton

New User
Cliff
Just a reminder, all sales and wanted ads for tools and hardware (aside from wood) are supposed to be completed through the site Classifieds, such that we are not cluttering various random forums with ads for such goods.

Classified ads are free for non-commercial purposes and can be created via the "Classifieds" tab on the main menu bar. Classified Ads in progress can then be managed from the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of every page).

Sorry Ehpoole, i didnt think my WTB ad went in classifieds as im looking to buy and not selling. If even WTB should go there ill not go against the site rules again. Im new here, so a little patience is appreciated while i learn the ins and outs. I dont understand though how asking where to find a jointer for me to buy isnt supposed to be in the "where can i find, buy or sell" forum :(

Last edited:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Sorry Ehpoole, i didnt think my WTB ad went in classifieds as im looking to buy and not selling. If even WTB should go there ill not go against the site rules again. Im new here, so a little patience is appreciated while i learn the ins and outs. I dont understand though how asking where to find a jointer for me to buy isnt supposed to be in the "where can i find, buy or sell" forum :(

We do indeed support Want To Buy ads in our Clasifieds (in fact, on the Home page you will often notice a few WTB ads in the list of most recent Classified ads in the sidebar).

There is no need to apologize as nobody is upset with you, we just try to keep things organized and keep everyone on a level playing field so that all is fair to everyone. When you want to buy or sell a specific item you can list it in the Classifieds, but if you have questions related to the purchase and that are not oriented towards the seller (seller-buyer communications should be handled privately via PMs) then one is certainly welcome to ask those questions within an appropriate forum thread. But the actual specifics of seeking and soliciting a specific piece of hardware should always be done in the Classifieds (we do occasionally bend those rules for large lot sales when one is selling their entire shop) so that everyone may privately contact you concerning their wares for sale and you may both discuss matters related to that possible sale privately.

norm932

New User
norm
I have an 8" 220v knock off but uses all Jet replacement parts has a new set knives. The guy I bought it from said it was manufactured at the same place as Jet. I also have a Grizzly 1023 3 hp 220v TS and lots of other shop items that will be available in a couple of weeks. Pm me if interested before I list them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS