January 2015, Member Monthly Contest - Shop Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is really nice Joe - is the cabinet attached to the drill press (on top of the mobile base) or separate from it?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Was leaning towards Bill's sanding cabinet until I saw Freds thing a ma jig

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Is this supposed to be something done within the past year?

To Bill's question, multiple entries are allowed and encouraged, but you might end up doing what Phil did last month and beating yourself.

And Mike, we're not counting that close. If you enter the same item 3 months in a row, we might call foul, but likely would just let the voting take care of it.

I think Mike raises a good point. Are there rules? I've got other shop storage projects I've completed in the last few years, but I don't want to get outside the intent of this program.

Since shop storage is something we do "as needed" and don't tend to redo until we run out of space, perhaps we could set a time limit. Say within the past year; two years; three years; five years? I know, I'm trying to complicate what should be a simple contest. :new_blowi Sorry.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think Mike raises a good point. Are there rules? I've got other shop storage projects I've completed in the last few years, but I don't want to get outside the intent of this program.

Since shop storage is something we do "as needed" and don't tend to redo until we run out of space, perhaps we could set a time limit. Say within the past year; two years; three years; five years? I know, I'm trying to complicate what should be a simple contest. :new_blowi Sorry.
But Bill, Fred already won?:rotflm:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bill, I kicked this off with very few rules hoping to get as many entries as possible. As an educational site, more entries will give our members and guest more ideas and inspiration. Storage solutions from many moons ago that are still viable should be entered and if our membership votes that entree to be the best, then that member should be recognized. I would hope that member would not resubmit a entry that won the in a prior year - I suspect that would not be too much of a problem i.e.: if Fred's box happened to win this year I would hope he would not reenter in the same category next year, but I guess he could enter it in the best design category (good luck with that Fred). I am hoping we can add rules only as required

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill, I kicked this off with very few rules hoping to get as many entries as possible. As an educational site, more entries will give our members and guest more ideas and inspiration. Storage solutions from many moons ago that are still viable should be entered and if our membership votes that entree to be the best, then that member should be recognized. I would hope that member would not resubmit a entry that won the in a prior year - I suspect that would not be too much of a problem i.e.: if Fred's box happened to win this year I would hope he would not reenter in the same category next year, but I guess he could enter it in the best design category (good luck with that Fred). I am hoping we can add rules only as required
"Best euro-hinge" application???:eusa_thin

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Here is a router stand with router bit storage:

photo_5_.JPG

This was designed to sit a running router on safely as the router powers down.

Steve

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Thanks Phil. I agree w/ your philosophy concerning the intent of the contest. Just wanted to make sure if there were rules I wasn't violating them.

As for Fred's box, I don't think we have to worry about next year. That box ain't long for this world. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it has already passed through Fred's firewood pile. :rotflm: But I have to admit, it is a beautiful piece of work. :wconfused:

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Here's my planer stand for my DeWalt 735. I store spare blades for the planer, hand planes, and plane related items in the drawers. The stand is actually a heavily modified kitchen cabinet that I picked up off the curb.

Stand-09.jpg

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Mike what did you use for the Lid Stay.....very nice chest I might add

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Fred has competition!
Mike - you REALLY need to post pictures of the tills and inside the box!
People - this thing is AMAZING!

Waiting for good weather to make better photos.

It's not amazing. It's OK. The next one may be better...

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
:( I do not have permission to attach a photo to this thread. So I guess you'll just have to imagine what it would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS