Peachtree Woodworking

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Peachtree Woodworking recently had a sale on Trend router bits. Every router bit listed was $10. An okay price for some and an amazing price for others. So amazing, that many of the better deals were oversold because of the way the company manages order fulfillment. The company does not have a good workflow for a company that focuses heavily on online sales. Their website is separate from their inventory system. As described by the customer service rep, "When you order online, your order goes in to a bucket. We then enter those in to the inventory management system and process the order."

End result was that they charged and shipped my order before I realized I was only going to get 2 of the router bits I wanted. Naturally it was 2 of the router bits that I added only because I was already paying for shipping. I no longer plan on ordering from their sales because they can't properly manage inventory and their non-sale prices are not good enough to be worthwhile.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
That does seem to be an inefficient way to process online orders. By the time I checked out the router bits on sale, all of the profiles that I was interested in were sold out.

I have purchased from Peachtree quite a bit over the years and never had an item that I placed an order for removed from my order after it was submitted. I'm going to guess that they got a lot more orders than they expected in a shorter period of time.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I ordered too and the same thing happened to me. I also think they substituted one on me. But they never sent an order confirmation so I cannot be sure!
Not happy. I am not so sure it was a technical glitch. I probably won't order from them again.
Salem

manfre

New User
Manfre
I ordered too and the same thing happened to me. I also think they substituted one on me. But they never sent an order confirmation so I cannot be sure!
Not happy. I am not so sure it was a technical glitch. I probably won't order from them again.
Salem

I unsubscribed from their mailing list to help ensure I don't order from them again.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Did you call customer service? I would ask that my order be returned with all charges refunded especially if I only got two router bits out of an entire order that were used only as fillers since I was ordering anyways. They should have contacted you and said we can only fill part of the order, what do you want to do. What they did was wrong. I've never ordered from them before.

Red

manfre

New User
Manfre
Did you call customer service? I would ask that my order be returned with all charges refunded especially if I only got two router bits out of an entire order that were used only as fillers since I was ordering anyways. They should have contacted you and said we can only fill part of the order, what do you want to do. What they did was wrong. I've never ordered from them before.

Red

I spoke with customer service before starting this thread. I was given the option to mail them back, at my expense, to get a refund for just the router bits, not shipping. $28 for 2 router bits or ~$15 for 0 router bits. I opted to keep the router bits and raise awareness. I'm an impulse buyer with disposable income, in the long run it's their loss.

wayne

New User
wayne

Red

I don't have a dog in this fight but when you open their email advertising the specials they are very specific in saying that any item that is sold out will be removed from the order.

I understand the frustration but with that warning up front what exactly did they do wrong.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ah, the fine print. It is there often and we need to read it. Too bad that we 'need to read it'. Life would be simpler without the fine print.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I reread the email and honestly it don't see where it says they may drop items from orders.

But it really doesn't matter. If I have to read the fine print to do business with them then it's not for me :).

wayne

New User
wayne
Ah, the fine print. It is there often and we need to read it. Too bad that we 'need to read it'. Life would be simpler without the fine print.

Ken, Salem,

My apologies ,You are both right it is not in the email. It is however on their web page and it is very visible not in fine print that you have to hunt. If you will click on the email and go to their web site the disclaimer is in plain view, every ad I ever open from them it is on the page that comes up.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything but when did we as a society get so self centered I was taught at a young age that the world does not revolve around me , you win some and you lose some deal with it. Thats also what I taught my children when they were growing up. Am I the only one on that thinks like that.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Wayne,
You have a point and now that I look I see it on the web page.

But really it doesn't matter to me if it is written. It is a shady policy. They show inventory on the website, you place an order and only the poor deals arrive at your house.

There are plenty of places willing to take my money that don't operate like this :). Lesson learned!
Salem

manfre

New User
Manfre
I don't think that large print was there during the original sale. They most likely added it for the relaunch in response to negative feedback about items unexpectedly disappearing from orders.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was quite for a long time - but (as usual) I can't stand it any longer!

If you have a limited time offer, or a limited quantity sales offer and cannot fulfill your customers' order, you let them know - that is simply good customer service.

The internet and lack of salesperson / customer contact allows people to get away with poor customer service and encourages statements like "Didn't you read the find print - that offer is only available if we have the product..." Think Amazon selling Jet clamps and probably many other examples that I am not thinking of right now...

At the root of it -
Is it ethical? Yes, there is a disclaimer stating the sellers policy
Is it right? Only you the buyer can make that decision...

I know what mine is...

wayne

New User
wayne
I was quite for a long time - but (as usual) I can't stand it any longer!

If you have a limited time offer, or a limited quantity sales offer and cannot fulfill your customers' order, you let them know - that is simply good customer service.

The internet and lack of salesperson / customer contact allows people to get away with poor customer service and encourages statements like "Didn't you read the find print - that offer is only available if we have the product..." Think Amazon selling Jet clamps and probably many other examples that I am not thinking of right now...

At the root of it -
Is it ethical? Yes, there is a disclaimer stating the sellers policy
Is it right? Only you the buyer can make that decision...

I know what mine is...

I don't consider that fine print and every time I check out there sales that is the size it is printed in and in plain view. I have bought a couple items and was lucky enough to get what I ordered but usually the items were cheap and other places had same item at same price normally so I guit buying from them.Had more to do with my perceived definition of value then anything else,I got what I payed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS