Workbench plane stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy

New User
Tim
Every once and awhile i like to take a break from the woodworking and create something in the smithy for the shop. The first item I made was a set of holdfasts. This time I made some traditional plane stops. I have some wooden ones, but these metal ones are better in thicker stock. They can hold 1/2" - 3 1/2" lumber. You can see a video of them being made here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 183

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice job. :icon_thum I want to do some smithing myself when my shoulder heals.
But dude, make you some tongs and put your pliers back in the tool box. It's killing me.....:gar-Cr

Timmy

New User
Tim
So i have 3 tong suggestions, does that mean 3 tongs to make? I have 1 set but turned it into a "railroad spike " tong. I will be making more tongs in the coming month.

As for the glasses, I usually do keep them on, don't want metal in my eye. Sometimes though when I go to start swinging sweat gets all over the lens and I can not see. It's part of the risk I take, just as someone having their hands close to a table saw blade to cut a smaller part.

Thanks for for all the comments. Any suggestions on forging woodworking tools are welcome as well!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's what the headband is for. To keep the sweat out of your glasses/goggles.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS