Poplar - $1.00 per Bd Ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Pretty good price! Would anyone be interested in turning this into some sort of lumber run and splitting the cost?

I have no where to store this much wood but would be interested in maybe 1/6th of it.

CLetts

New User
Carl
Pretty good price! Would anyone be interested in turning this into some sort of lumber run and splitting the cost?

I have no where to store this much wood but would be interested in maybe 1/6th of it.

I'll take whatever is left from a lumber run. I could even go get it and store it for up to a couple of weeks. I live in Goldsboro (50 miles SE of Raleigh).

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I could put some to use. Not enough to drive to Wilmington for. But, I'd be happy to pickup from a closer distribution point & deliver in the N Raleigh / Durham area. My trailer capacity is 1500lbs, so I'm good to carry a few hundred bd-ft.

batk30msu

New User
brent
I'll take whatever is left from a lumber run. I could even go get it and store it for up to a couple of weeks. I live in Goldsboro (50 miles SE of Raleigh).

Carl,

That would be great. I would be up for 100 bf. Would you be able to incur the cost all at once until people pick it up? I think you should think about asking for a small fee for the gas it cost you to pick it up.

If not, maybe we could use paypal? If you are sending money to friends it is free.

Looks like everyone else interested so far is in the triangle area. Maybe one of us could go to Goldsboro and pick up what is coming this way.

Hopefully they still have it available. I will contact them to see.

CLetts

New User
Carl
Carl,

That would be great. I would be up for 100 bf. Would you be able to incur the cost all at once until people pick it up? I think you should think about asking for a small fee for the gas it cost you to pick it up.

If not, maybe we could use paypal? If you are sending money to friends it is free.

Looks like everyone else interested so far is in the triangle area. Maybe one of us could go to Goldsboro and pick up what is coming this way.

Hopefully they still have it available. I will contact them to see.

I've already sent an email to them. Yes, I can cover the entire cost until pick-up.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Too bad it's not 5/4 stock, I'd be really interested in that - enough to drive to Wilmington for.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I had posted an hour ago about getting around 100bd/ft but it didn't go through. If theres any left I would like some. Thanks

CLetts

New User
Carl
I had posted an hour ago about getting around 100bd/ft but it didn't go through. If theres any left I would like some. Thanks

Right now the following people interested:

Brent - Holly Springs - 100bf
Gonzalo - Cary - 100bf
Chris - Raleigh - "some"
Mike - Chapel Hill - 100
Dirk - Clayton - 100
Carl - "whatever is left" (I'd like to amend that to 150bf if that doesn't seem greedy...........I originally thought there'd probably be 400' or so unclaimed)

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I had no idea poplar was so popular...

If you miss out on this purchase, I know a guy who has approximately 783bf (more or less) of kiln dried poplar, some of it in 8/4, that he just has to get off his butt and pick up at some guy named Scott's place. He's planning on making a desk out of it. I'm thinking he may have just a smidge left over (like, oh +/- 500bf), and once he picks through it for the best grain patterns for that desk, he would be willing to part with much of it, as he has no place to store it. So just let me know, and I can guarantee that I can put you in touch with him almost immediately; we're really, really close...

Oh, and his shop is in northern Durham. In fact, he may even be willing to part with ~100bf or so for anyone who is willing to help him pick it up. I should confirm that first before I offer...

Yep, [STRIKE]I'm,[/STRIKE] err, I mean he's good with that.

K

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I can do that Kevin and give some ome else the 100 bd/ft from Wilmington.....let me know

batk30msu

New User
brent
I had no idea poplar was so popular...

If you miss out on this purchase, I know a guy who has approximately 783bf (more or less) of kiln dried poplar, some of it in 8/4, that he just has to get off his butt and pick up at some guy named Scott's place. He's planning on making a desk out of it. I'm thinking he may have just a smidge left over (like, oh +/- 500bf), and once he picks through it for the best grain patterns for that desk, he would be willing to part with much of it, as he has no place to store it. So just let me know, and I can guarantee that I can put you in touch with him almost immediately; we're really, really close...

Oh, and his shop is in northern Durham. In fact, he may even be willing to part with ~100bf or so for anyone who is willing to help him pick it up. I should confirm that first before I offer...

Yep, [STRIKE]I'm,[/STRIKE] err, I mean he's good with that.

K

I would like to purchase some of the left over 8/4 (if any is) when you are done with your desk.

I also live about 5 miles from Scott and would be more than willing to help you load it up when you do come this way but I am also assuming Scott has a much easier tool for the job than loading it by hand :)

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Just to be clear,

I don't mean to hijack what is looking to be Carl's (yes?) coordination of the Anchor HW buy in Wilmington. I only wanted to let folks know that I also have some poplar if they miss out on Carl's deal. Let's get that one finalized first, and then I will start a separate list of folks who want/need more and/or thicker wood. Brent, thanks for your offer; I'll coordinate with you regarding timing, and because I have a box truck with a liftgate, the loading may indeed be by hand.

There is no such thing as a free 100bf of poplar you know...

K

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Whatever it needs to be to ensure that everyone buys Carl's stuff first...

;-)

Sorry; I feel bad about hijacking the thread, which was not my intent. I'd let mine go for $1bf as well for everything under 8/4, and 1.25 for 8/4. Please keep in mind that I don't actually HAVE mine until I can find the time to pick it up.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS