DeWalt Right Angle Drill Problams (DW960)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLetts

New User
Carl
I have the 960 right angle drill. I was using it yesterday when suddenly the chuck stopped spinning. If there is NO pressure on the chuck it spins, but as soon as any pressure is applied it stops (motor keeps running though). Has anyone else ever run into this problem? In searching 960's, I came across a site that has a diagram and sells parts for it but I haven't opened the drill up to see if I can figure out what's broken.

toolferone

New User
Tom
The diagram I look at shows it it 2 different speed ranges with a slide switch. Please make sure it is nut between gears. move the selector front and back a couple of times and try it in both places. If that doesn't work my first guess is it is the transmission the selector runs to. BTW I worked at DeWalt for 2 years repairing tools about 15 years ago.

CLetts

New User
Carl
The diagram I look at shows it it 2 different speed ranges with a slide switch. Please make sure it is nut between gears. move the selector front and back a couple of times and try it in both places. If that doesn't work my first guess is it is the transmission the selector runs to. BTW I worked at DeWalt for 2 years repairing tools about 15 years ago.

That was it! It was between gears. I moved it a couple of times and it's working like a DeWalt again! Thank you very much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS