Bass Build - almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
The pups and electronics are fitted and wired, just a few more things to do and it'll be ready for sanding and finishing.

1211110121a.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Man that looks good. I bet it will sounds sweet.

It goes from clean, crisp and whimsy to dark, muffed and heavy and all points in between, more than I envisioned it would.

I am am simply floored at the the quality of these custom pickups. It's just to cool being able to play in stereo through a bass and guitar amp at the same time
(bridge pickup = guitar amp / neck pickup = bass amp). But it's even cooler be able to adjust the volume and tone for each amp independently right at the bass. I had my doubts about experimenting and putting in a 6 string guitar pickup in the middle, but being able to switch it in series or parallel with either the bridge or neck pickup seemed to be one of my more brilliant moments in life, which are my few and far in between. :eek:ccasion1

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Looks great Jeff:icon_thum I can't tell are those cut outs or inlays and did you make the neck as well

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Looks great Jeff:icon_thum I can't tell are those cut outs or inlays and did you make the neck as well

The sound holes are cut out, it's a semi hollow body and yes I also made the neck. The guitar is made of local lumber I cut on my sawmill.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
It goes from clean, crisp and whimsy to dark, muffed and heavy and all points in between, more than I envisioned it would.

I am am simply floored at the the quality of these custom pickups. It's just to cool being able to play in stereo through a bass and guitar amp at the same time
(bridge pickup = guitar amp / neck pickup = bass amp). But it's even cooler be able to adjust the volume and tone for each amp independently right at the bass. I had my doubts about experimenting and putting in a 6 string guitar pickup in the middle, but being able to switch it in series or parallel with either the bridge or neck pickup seemed to be one of my more brilliant moments in life, which are my few and far in between. :eek:ccasion1

That sounds awesome. If you want to ship it to me I would be more than happy to give it a once over and make sure everything feels right. :rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Grainy cell phone pic of second clear coat wet sanded to 2000 grit. I just sprayed the third clear coat, now it hangs in the house for at least 2 weeks then it's time buff and polish. Then I can do the final assembly.

It's an old Plymouth claret red metallic lacquer color. really looks funky with that green poplar showing through the sound holes. The finishing schedule is way to long to list :swoon:

I want to assemble it :slap:... but Yoda keeps saying "Need patience young padawan learner, you do".

1215112025a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS