Lee Valley: How Do I Love Thee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I've always loved Lee Valley because of their customer service and their Veritas product line. They once again impressed me so I thought I would share my experience. The first pleasant surprise was when I got a letter in the mail informing me that they made an improvement to their Veritas router plane and they wanted to give me the upgrade free of charge! :thumbs_up They improved the depth stop collar to a thumbwheel rather than an allen wrench and they would send me one free with my next order. The second pleasant surprise came a week or so later when I won a Veritas Bullnose plane in the NCWW spring raffle. Well I already owned the Veritas Bullnose plane so I called Lee Valley and they said they would be happy to give me full credit for a return! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up So now I am the proud owner of a new Veritas Dovetail saw, a Veritas round bottom spoke shave, and an improved router plane!:icon_cheers All for free with no questions asked. I've always been a Lee Valley customer and they continue to earn my loyalty.:eusa_clap

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Yep, count me a big LV fan, too! :cool:

I placed the depth stop assembly (free) in my cart. Just waiting for the next order. :gar-Bi

Nice gloat, BTW! :gar-La; :gar-La;

Chuck

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Ditto. I got the notice and free upgrade for my router plane also. Yesterday I received a letter giving me some updated instructions and pointers on using the Froe that I had bought from them earlier. It stated that they had received some new info and advice they thought I may find useful.

Great company and customer service in my book, also.

Go

PS: One of the added tips on using the froe was choosing wood that splits well. For oak or ash and most ring-porous woods, you want fast growing trees with annular rings more than 1/16th" apart. For spruce, pine, and conifers, the tighter rings are better.

jhreed

New User
james
Ditto. I got the notice and free upgrade for my router plane also. Yesterday I received a letter giving me some updated instructions and pointers on using the Froe that I had bought from them earlier. It stated that they had received some new info and advice they thought I may find useful.

Great company and customer service in my book, also.

Go

PS: One of the added tips on using the froe was choosing wood that splits well. For oak or ash and most ring-porous woods, you want fast gr owing trees with annular rings more than 1/16th" apart. For spruce, pine, and conifers, the tighter rings are better.

Froe? Split? Is that 120 volt or 220 volt?
James

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Its solar powered, so I don't know the voltage. Doesn't work well at all in the dark. To be honest, we me using it it doesn't work that well in the light, but I'm pretty sure that's an operator deficiency, hopefully one that will work itself out with use!:rotflm::rotflm:

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS