Broken leveling feet on G0490 jointer; repair options??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I had some mud jacking concrete work done last week that required me to move my tools out of the garage and into my driveway. While moving the jointer across the concrete the "raise" level holding pressure to the wheel slipped and put the machine down unexpectedly. When it came down the force broke off the nuts that were fastened inside the square steel on the frame of the machine. This now means that my leveling feet are free floating and completely useless.

I need some help finding a solution to this since the square steel is welded to the frame I can't just take it out and weld nuts to it; I need to fabricate, buy, retrofit something to this steel to get the ability to have my feet again.

Any ideas??

Foot1.JPG

foot2.JPG

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That appears to be a specialty nut that is drawn into place akin to a pop rivet. If you can get the foot bolt off, find you a tee nut the same size and drill holes in the frame to accommodate the spurs on the nut, then glue in place with polyurethane glue.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
That appears to be a specialty nut that is drawn into place akin to a pop rivet. If you can get the foot bolt off, find you a tee nut the same size and drill holes in the frame to accommodate the spurs on the nut, then glue in place with polyurethane glue.

+1. I recall that these nuts are called "Nutserts". Send NCWW member DougW (Doug Wilberg) a PM - he may be able to install a new one for you.

jhreed

New User
james
Looks like to me the adjustble foot is in square tubing that has a hole all the way through. Remove the adj.foot, purchase new one that is longer. Use nuts on both sides of the square tubing. Adjust height with the lower nut and lock in place with the upper nut.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS