Dewalt Planer clearance at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcm

New User
Roger
Hi,

Here's a good deal. I was at Lowes this morning in South Asheville (Arden) They were having a clearance on the Dewalt DW734 planer. ($300) Don't know if this applies to all stores or not. I'd get one if I didn't already have a planer.

RCM

fergy

New User
Fergy
The University Home Depot in Charlotte had the 735 for $450 last week on clearance as well.

Would that be considered "off topic", since your post is about Lowes? :)

bwat

New User
Bill
I saw this in the Mooresville Lowe's last night as well so it must be area-wide but how many planers does a man need?

M

McRabbet

I saw the same planer (the 3-blade DW734) on Clearance at the Lowe's in Hendersonville. It is a good planer, but the replacement knives run a little over $50 a set and can be reversed once. They cannot be resharpened. I have a DW733 and love it.

And Fergy, it is not "Off Topic" to mention a source of a good woodworking tool deal. You just become an enabler like Phillip says! :gar-La;

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Dewalt Planer clearance at Lowes
I saw this in the Mooresville Lowe's last night as well so it must be area-wide but how many planers does a man need?
TWO! One turned each direction side by side to make the next pass!:rotflm:

Outa Square

New User
Al
One of the Hickory lowes had it for 300, i was tempted but my next tool purchase is going to be a dust collector or table saw. Hopefully i am going to look at both tomorrow, but i don't need to buy either till i finish my shop as i promise my wife i wouldn't and i am running out of hiding places.:gar-Bi

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I was in Lowes yesterday in Lexington and I didn't see any there - I browsed around for abour 45 minutes drooling and I could have missed them when I slipped on my drool:gar-La;

BrianGeib

New User
Brian
I picked up one of the 734s this weekend at the Lowes in Apex for $300. I was there looking at the 735, but when I saw the $300 sign I couldn't pass it up. I saved enough to get a bandsaw while I was at it. My wife couldn't figure out why there were two boxes in the van instead of one.

So far, I am very happy with it. It hasn't had any problems with the White Oak or the Ash that I have run through it.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I picked up one of the 734s this weekend at the Lowes in Apex for $300. I was there looking at the 735, but when I saw the $300 sign I couldn't pass it up. I saved enough to get a bandsaw while I was at it. My wife couldn't figure out why there were two boxes in the van instead of one.

So far, I am very happy with it. It hasn't had any problems with the White Oak or the Ash that I have run through it.

I picked up one also from the Concord store over a week ago. Amazingly mine is still sitting in the box. I'm a sucker for a deal and I'm still torn between the dewalt and the ridigd (cheaper blades and "Lifetime warranty").

I think I'll keep the yellow one and actually get to building something :icon_thum

paul dyar

New User
paul
HD has the 735 for 499.99. Went to Lowes an they matched the price and took another 10% off. $476.05 tax and all.

paul

M

McRabbet

Super deal, Paul! I just noticed you're a newcomer here, so I'd like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Who We Are forum and introduce yourself to the membership. We're happy you've joined, but lots more folks will see you there.

mihunt

New User
Mike
I've called Wake forest Lowe's ($429) and Capitol Blvd ($330.00) Looks like prices vary. For those of you who saw them, was the $300 actually $300? I'm just wondering if i should bother looking for one less than $330.00.

Thanks,
Mike

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I've called Wake forest Lowe's ($429) and Capitol Blvd ($330.00) Looks like prices vary. For those of you who saw them, was the $300 actually $300? I'm just wondering if i should bother looking for one less than $330.00.

Thanks,
Mike

Call the Lowe's in Cary. I saw with my own peepers, $300 for the traditional looking, Lunchbox Planer.

m

mihunt

New User
Mike
Call the Lowe's in Cary. I saw with my own peepers, $300 for the traditional looking, Lunchbox Planer.

m

Matt,
Thanks for the reply. I was assuming that Cary was out of them. I just called and they have one...$300.30. Looks like I know where I'm going for lunch.

Thanks!
Mike

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Matt,
Thanks for the reply. I was assuming that Cary was out of them. I just called and they have one...$300.30. Looks like I know where I'm going for lunch.

Thanks!
Mike

Mike, your welcome! If they only have one, I recommend buying it online and then they will have it ready for you to pick up! That way your guaranteed it will be there when you get there!

Matt:icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS