Raleigh WoodCraft Grand Re-Opening Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
The Raleigh WoodCraft had their grand re-opening sale yesterday and today (Feb 8th & 9th)

Did you go?

If so, what did you get?

George

sapwood

New User
Roger
Got to see Steve and DaveO, of course they live there :lol:
Got the usual great advice from Joe and John (employees) :icon_thum
Was unable to fit a Woodsharp 3000 into the the bag though :-?
So I left with a circle cutter, brass bars, and Swiss gouge :D

Great day on Friday morning and the store was packed. So I'm guessing business was booming today too!

Roger

GeorgeL

New User
George
Got to see Steve and DaveO, of course they live there :lol:
Got the usual great advice from Joe and John (employees) :icon_thum
Was unable to fit a Woodsharp 3000 into the the bag though :-?
So I left with a circle cutter, brass bars, and Swiss gouge :D

Great day on Friday morning and the store was packed. So I'm guessing business was booming today too!

Roger

I was surprised what would fit in the bag that didn’t really fit in the bag if you know what I mean. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

I got a WorkSharp for 10% off because it was a power tool but they were pretty forgiving on the rules. I still need to take pictures but besides the WorkShrap 3000, I picked-up a Jessem Master-Lift and PC 7518 motor with a free PC random orbit sander, a bunch of miscellaneous odds and ends and oh yeah, an 18” Steel City band saw! :wwink:

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I got a Hunter carbide tip turning tool. I have heard great things about them. Big Mike was Beta testing them and he was impressed (good enough testimony for me). I really didn't need it, but I felt wrong walking out without buying something. Unfortunately it was already 15% off, and sticking it in the bag didn't double to discount :crybaby2:
Dave:)

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Now you warn me! Left there about about 1:00 with the new toy. When I pulled in the parking lot I wandered what in the world is giong on.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
George, you can't sneak a gloat like an 18" bandsaw in without a few pics. :)

Went yesterday and today. Purchased planer blades for the 735, Freud glue line rip blade for TS, whiteside router bit and a tenon jig (Delta knock-off). I will be returning the tenon jig because it is pretty much worthless (1/16+ out of square, no adjustability). The router bit works great though.

Received some good advice from John while I was there.

tv

gator

George
Corporate Member
Got to see Steve and DaveO,

Roger

I've got to learn how to make more of an impression. I saw DaveO and Roger, and I thought Roger saw me too, maybe not.:confused_:confused_:confused_:confused_

George

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I got there about 1:30 and left without putting anything in the bag. The Rikon 18" band saw wouldn't fit. They had sold all of the stock but gonna order mine for later. So, without pictures, I guess this would fall into the category of a pre-gloat. Pictures to follow when the "official" gloat post occurs. :biggrin:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've got to learn how to make more of an impression. I saw DaveO and Roger, and I thought Roger saw me too, maybe not.:confused_:confused_:confused_:confused_

George

I thought Roger talked with you, maybe he's getting senile at 26 8-O

Dave:)

GeorgeL

New User
George
George, you can't sneak a gloat like an 18" bandsaw in without a few pics. :)

Went yesterday and today. Purchased planer blades for the 735, Freud glue line rip blade for TS, whiteside router bit and a tenon jig (Delta knock-off). I will be returning the tenon jig because it is pretty much worthless (1/16+ out of square, no adjustability). The router bit works great though.

Received some good advice from John while I was there.

tv

Unfortunately I won’t get it for a week to 10 days. But I WILL take pictures then!

George

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I bought casters for my work bench and a small metal detector. Went over to Klingspors and bought the Shop Fox benchtop drill press with the oscillating sander option. Last tool I needed to complete shop line up.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
I managed to get there Saturday morning, and all I walked out with was the Kreg pocket hole kit and the freebees they gave me with it. Store not too crowded, even found a parking place in their lot. I guess all the guys "in the know" went Friday. Oh yes, I did get a burnisher for my scraper (had to put something in the bag). Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it.

Bob

RayH

New User
Ray
Hey,

What happened to pix??:confused:

The corner chisel was just to have something in the bag. The jig would not fit.

Ray

Attachments

• jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 182

sapwood

New User
Roger

George

George, I literally hollered at you across the store :)
But, I plead guilty for failing to include your name in the post. :tinysmile_cry_t4:
My humble apologies, though somehow it must have been Dave's fault :week:

Sheepishly rendered,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS