Klingspor's Woodworking Shop (Cary Opening)

Stay tuned with our RSS
You can customize the feeds that you'll be reading by selecting one or more of the below choices. Selecting a Category will also includes Ads from all Subcategories (if any). Clicking Get RSS you will be redirect to a new webpage where you must copy the link and add it to your RSS reader.
Category:
Ad Type:
Condition:
Seller:
Seller type:
Amount of Feeds:

Details Comments  
» Vintage 12 inch Parks Planar Model 97
Views: 31
Please Login or Register to be able to Post and Bid in our Classifieds.
For Sale
Price: $450.00 USD
Product is located in: kinston, NC
Buy now: Vintage 12 inch Parks Planar Model 97
Asking Price

Remarks (Optional)

By posting this form, you agree that:
  • You meet the sellers criteria as detailed in their listing
  • You will pay the full amount of asking price, plus any additional charges (eg shipping) as descripted in the listing
Your Contact Information

This helps the seller determine the total cost of any additional charges (if any).

Full Name

Conatct Phone

Make Offer for: Vintage 12 inch Parks Planar Model 97
Asking Price

$450.00 USD

Your Offer
$USD

Remarks (Optional)

By making an offer to this item, you agree that:
  • You meet the sellers criteria as detailed in their listing
  • You will pay the full amount you offer for item, plus any additional charges (eg shipping) as descripted in the listing
Your Contact Information

This helps the seller determine the total cost of any additional charges (if any).

Full Name

Conatct Phone

Inform a Friend for this Ad
Friend's Name
Friend's Email
Title
Your Message
The link for this Ad, will auto include in the email body.
As a way to avoid spam, your username will be including to this email.
 I Read, Understood and Accept this Message
Report this Ad to Admin
Your Message
Photos
Vintage 12 inch Parks Planar Model 97 (For Sale)
  Asks for Condition Dimensions Weight Date Posted  
  $450.00 USD Used N/A N/A 07/25/2017 - 00:44am  
  Classified details  

I have for sale a vintage Parks model 97 12" planar in EXCELLENT condition. Meaning no rust, good blades, cuts great.

**Includes an extra set of new blades**
**Includes a 2hp 230v 1ph GE motor in excellent condition**
**Includes heavy-duty mobile base**
**Dual belt pulley**
**12 inch wide bed**
**Handles 4+ inch stock thickness**

Shipping: Local Pickup or Buyer arranges and pays through a freight company.

Payment: Credit Card or Cash or Check (made payable to Funny Bug Bees and Wood Works)

Was factory made to cut up to 4" thick stock but I've run stock much thicker than this through it. I mounted the motor on a heavy piece of wood under the unit, one edge of that wood has hinges, so as you lower the deck the motor can raise up, keeping tension on the belts, allowing you to plane pieces thicker than 4 inches. The largest I've run through it is 6" stock. Which it handles easily.

I love this machine and dont really want to sell it, but I've purchased a 12" jointer from Jet, and the darn thing has a planar built in, so I've no longer a need for an extra planar, and the shop real estate is needed.

I am asking $450 for it. I am not going to haggle on it much, its a great machine in perfect running condition with no surface rust and has been well maintained.

For full disclosure, when i purchased it, the cutter head gear engagement lever was replaced with a piece of threaded rod, which works perfectly. This can be seen in the photo.

Keywords: planar, parks  
« Previous Ad Next Ad »