Klingspor's Woodworking Shop (Banner Ad 1)

Special Events in the next 30 days

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Kevin
    Visit Freq:
    2.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Ruth Niles bottle stoppers

Any one interested in a group buy for bottle stoppers? one of the othe r forums I'm on is doing a bulk buy. They are almost to 200 ordered today, so the more bought the lower the price. I'll post a bulk order for our group if theres interest. PM me with your quantity. As the price goes down you will only pay actual cost for local pickup. If you need them shipped, actual shipping cost will apply. I can accept paypal or credit cards. Please only request them if you are willing to follow through. These are the stainless stopper with the fixed threaded post.

I'll post updates as i get additional information.

ACTUAL POST FROM THE OTHER FORUM:
    Several people posted an interest in a group buy for Ruth Niles bottle stoppers. We'll be purchasing Style #301 bottle stoppers and mandrels (for those that need them) for this buy.

Details for the stoppers and mandrels can be found here:

stainless bottle stoppers, bottle stopper, glass stopper, stainless steel bottle stoppers

I've contacted Ruth and obtained the following pricing:

100+ $4.75 each
    200+ $4.55 each
    300+ $4.45 each
    500+ $4.35 each

Mandrels:

Ruth has 2 styles of mandrels:

Thin (7/8") will be $18 each with a minimum quantity of 10 to obtain this price. These mandrels are threaded 3/8" x 16 TPI with a slit in the threads so it will function as a tap. These are not on her website as they were a mistake from the machine shop - that's why they are reduced in price. The "normal" skinny mandrel does not have the slit in the threads.

fat (1 1/8 diameter) will be $21 each with a minimum quantity of 8 to obtain this price. These mandrels are threaded 3/8" x 16 TPI with a slit in the threads so it will function as a tap.

Ruth says that her mandrels are great for many other non-bottle stopper type projects...ice cream scoop handles, light pulls and other small turning projects. The back end of both style mandrels are threaded for a 1/4" x 20 TPI draw bar.

We should be able to hit 200. Therefore, I'm going to base this buy at that point. The buy will close this on Sunday, March 4 at midnight Central Time. Payments must be received within 24 hours after this buy closes. I will send out a reminder during that time if you have not already paid. I will place the order first thing on Tuesday morning, March 6.

Ruth tries to keep 1,000 stoppers in stock, so there should be no back orders.

Ruth can ship up to 500 stoppers in a medium flat-rate USPS box (it weighs 55# when she does this ) for $11.50, so assuming we reach 200 pieces, the prorated shipping cost for each item will be about $0.06 for a total of $4.51 for each stopper. (I forgot to ask her about insurance on her shipment to me, so that number may change slightly)

I will ship out orders to you by USPS flat rate boxes. I'm not sure how many I can stuff in a small flat rate box, but I assume about 25 would fit in a small box. More than 25 will go out in a medium flat rate box. If I can fit more than 25 stoppers in a small box, I'll refund the difference in your shipping costs.

1-25 stoppers: $5.35
    25+ stoppers: $11.35

Insurance will be extra-
    From USPS -
    $0.01 to $50 - $1.85
    $50.01 to $100 - $2.35
    $100.01 to $200 - $2.90
    $200.01 to $300 - $4.85

I will ship internationally, PM me to work out the details.

If you have your own FEDEX or UPS account, send me a call tag and you can save on shipping that way.

Any shipping discounts I receive from USPS for purchasing shipping online will be passed on to you.

I prefer payment through PAYPAL, so add $0.30 and 3% to cover PayPal fees. I am willing to accept checks, but I do request time for them to clear before I ship to you.

Please PM me your order, email address and your IAP user name and label it "SS Stopper order". I will plug your order into a spreadsheet I am creating for this order and email you a paypal invoice. People wanting to pay by check - I'll send you a total and my address for mailing the check.

Therefore your price is:
    (((# of stoppers) * (4.61) ) +shipping +insurance + 0.30) *1.03

Kevin in Holly Springs

“Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.” Butch Cassidy

Forum Leader User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Cathy (58)
    Visit Freq:
    1.12 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: Ruth Niles bottle stoppers

Sounds like a good opportunity for folks turning bottle stoppers. I hope you get good participation.
    Cathy Skipper

Corporate Member Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Scott
    Visit Freq:
    6.08 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

NCWW has done these in the past. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER. Manfre did one last year and was very successful at hitting the limit. Check with him to see who took part. He might have a few do's and don't.

Lemme check my inventory and get back to you on how many I need. BTW my daughter lives in F-V so no need to ship mine. I will arrange pickup.
    Maker of fine saw dust
    Scott

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
    - Lou Holtz-

DQ
    Nickname
    Scott
    Visit Freq:
    6.08 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Bump....I will take 10 if we reach 100.
    Maker of fine saw dust
    Scott

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
    - Lou Holtz-

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Kevin
    Visit Freq:
    2.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Scott,
    I checked the last entry from the IAP website and the total is around 300 being ordered. This makes the pricing even better. Let me know if you want 10 for sure and I'll put that in for you or if you are a member, login and let The Penquin know.
    Either way it's a great price.
    Kevin in Holly Springs

“Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.” Butch Cassidy

DQ
    Nickname
    Scott
    Visit Freq:
    6.08 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Leviblue View Post
    Scott,
    I checked the last entry from the IAP website and the total is around 300 being ordered. This makes the pricing even better. Let me know if you want 10 for sure and I'll put that in for you or if you are a member, login and let The Penquin know.
    Either way it's a great price.

Kevin I do not belong to IAP. Yes I want 10 for sure. PM me and we can talk about payment.
    Maker of fine saw dust
    Scott

- Lou Holtz-