UPDATED - First NCWW Scholarship Awarded (Thank You Letter Added)

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Board of Directors would like to announce that the first inaugural North Carolina Woodworker Scholarship has been awarded to a talented student, Meredith, at Haywood Community College.
We have reached out to the Scholarship Winner and hopefully will be connecting her to this group soon.

THANK YOU to everyone in this group for supporting this goal and donating to make this Scholarship possible.

Last edited:

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have updated the post with the scholarships name. I dont think here last name or contact information is relevant to share. If she joins the site, then she is more than welcome to share that.
Note, the Scholarships are selected by the College's Foundation based on the criteria set by the Board. So the College's Foundation makes the selection and writes the check. NCWW wrote a check to the College back in the fall for this Scholarship. Thus, the distribution of funds is handle through the Foundation, not NCWW.

Last edited:

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
No brag, just fact, I was instrumental in the process of determining the awarding of the NCWW scholarship. I originally recommended the Haywood Community College Professional Crafts--Wood program to the scholarship committee as a candidate. I did this because I am a graduate of the program and know its value. I politely prodded both the committee and the school to work together and complete the whole process of getting both sides' applications submitted and accepted. I was thrilled when the program was accepted by NCWW as the recipient.

I am just as thrilled to learn a worthy, deserving student has been selected and has received the scholarship funds. I have intended all along to meet the scholarship recipient, take them to lunch, get to know them, find out what I might do to help and encourage them in their woodworking, tell them about NCWW, encourage them to join us, tell them the benefits of regularly posting on their woodworking progress and communicating with us as an ongoing part of their woodworking career. To me this is both common sense and common courtesy. I would be doing all of this with the full support of the lead instructor of the program.

To be forced to go to the instructor to find out who the student is seems unnecessary to me. To be thwarted in helping and encouraging both a worthy program and a worthy student is irritating. Someone please inject some common sense into this final stage of a win-win-win relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS