Shop cleanup phase one

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Tim came over this morning and we moved a lot of stuff around. He took a half truckload home and I have a big bag for the dump.

IMG_4511.jpeg

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
That looks a lot better than when I was there for the sharpening instructions. I wish I was not 2.5 hours out or I could have helped as well. I kind if enjoy sorting and organizing. I did that in my chiropractors shop. It lasted a few weeks until he bought more tools.

1075tech

Tim
Senior User
Had a great time with Mike. I got some great smelling firewood for the fire pit and a few scraps that I think I can use.

We moved a few pieces of wood around and cut some more.

I find that sometimes it's just easier to get a little bit done when there's a second set of hands. Even if half the time is spent talking more than working.

Glad I could help Mike. Looking forward to phase 2

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Some oldies but goodies in there! Pentair era Delta 34-444 Contractor's saw.
The original Delta 22-540 planer?
Love the Columbia vise!
Someone else who uses cabinetmaker's hand-screws!

-Mark

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yep, why replace perfectly good tools? Those hand screws have saved several projects when nothing else would do.

My saw has been upgraded a few times. Had to do a complete overhaul after it sat in the barn a few years. Then someone gave or sold me a set of cast iron side extensions to replace the original stamped metal ones. Then I got some longer rip fence rails. I have a set of square rails and bigger/wider rip fence but haven’t found time to install yet.

The 22-540 planer will be for sale after I find time to go through it and install a new set of knives.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
A fresh set of eyes is really helpful. We all tend to just get used to things the way they are. I applaud you for reaching out. Organizing the wood is the hardest thing for many of us with limited space. The stacks grow, then shrink, then grow again. The constant changes make it hard to keep up with.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I find that sometimes it's just easier to get a little bit done when there's a second set of hands. Even if half the time is spent talking more than working.

this is very true for me, sometimes I just need another person there to help make the decisions of to keep / throw / sale or where to put something!

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
Any stuff to give away at the picnic? I’ve been cleaning out my shop and a storage building the last few weeks. Found stuff for giveaways at the picnic. Maybe we can have an area for that kind of stuff.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Any stuff to give away at the picnic? I’ve been cleaning out my shop and a storage building the last few weeks. Found stuff for giveaways at the picnic. Maybe we can have an area for that kind of stuff.
I should have some things, if nobody wants they can go in the dumpster.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
There is usually stuff to sell or give away at the picnic. They get set on the grass just outside of the shelter. Be sure to tag the stuff with your name and price.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors