New sprayer advice needed

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Chris - what is the range of materiasl you have sprayed? Does it include higher viscosity materials like latex paints?
Just curious - as a turbine system like this is a possible upgrade for me.
I regularly spray SW Pro/Classic with it ( thinned with water about 10%) and GF milk paints, thinned also. These paints dry quickly, so multiple thin coats to avoid running works best.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks to the generosity of another NCWW member, I have the loan of a fuji-3 to play with. I just started this morning. I'm spraying GF Hi-performance water based poly. I had already thinned it 10% to use with my old HVLP gun. The Fuji is handling it beautifully. I'll report back when I have more experience with it.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Thanks to the generosity of another NCWW member, I have the loan of a fuji-3 to play with. I just started this morning. I'm spraying GF Hi-performance water based poly. I had already thinned it 10% to use with my old HVLP gun. The Fuji is handling it beautifully. I'll report back when I have more experience with it.
I spray alot of that with mjne too

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks for the lead on the tips. Unfortunately my guns were made by Accuspray long before 3m bought the name. They are a completely different design.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Chris do you sand between every coat of the Hi-performance? I usually do not. So far , no problems.
Generally, just remove any rough spots. Its an amazing product!!! If you go with the Fuji, I would stay away from the quart cup gun, its bulky and heavy unless youre doing alot of large projects its overkill.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Good info Chris. This Fuji gun has the small cup . It allows plenty of coverage. This gun has the cup mounted to the side instead of on top. I don't care for that. It's unbalanced and puts a little strain on your wrist and thumb.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Good info Chris. This Fuji gun has the small cup . It allows plenty of coverage. This gun has the cup mounted to the side instead of on top. I don't care for that. It's unbalanced and puts a little strain on your wrist and thumb.
Does the hose have the "whip" hose? more flexible section between the gun and feed hose

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Job done. I finished spraying the second top coat yesterday. The finish leveled out great. I'm impressed with this Fuji 3 system. It would certainly handle all my needs. For personal preference, I would choose the top center mounted gun.

Now I have to figure out if I want to spend three times as much as a HVLP pressure gun. Thanks to all of you for some good advice.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS