New lunch group for Hickory

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
I am wondering how many folks in the Hickory / Charlotte area might be interested in having a monthly lunch meeting somewhere near Hickory or North Charlotte. Please reply on this thread and see how much interest we might be able to garner.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Roger, You will get more interest committing to one or the other. I'm north of Charlotte and I would rather drive to Hickory than the 30 miles into Charlotte. Altogether your trying to get people who are 75+ miles apart and on or near our beloved I-77.
I have a breakfast group of guys who I worked with at IR and it seems like 20 miles was the limit for continued attendance.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
A meeting place near the new Klingspor's store would probably be interesting. Its nearly 3 hours for me, so I won't be going, but if I were a lot closer, one trip for both places would tip the scales on my interest.

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
Roger I'll drive to Hickory, Charlotte is over an hour and a half so prefer not to go south.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Roger thanks for getting this started and good luck. Y’all get things worked out I’d love to drive up and see everybody.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Hi Roger - I’m in west Charlotte so interested in joining. Hickory is about an hour north, so that would be more challenging for me. Thanks for getting this started.

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
I’m looking at Tuesday May 21 or we can do May 25 if people need Saturday in Hickory site to be determined but thinking near Klingspor. Please give feedback here or PM me.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Roger, You can't please everybody. When we started the first lunch group in Greensboro many years ago we tried to do that.
It did not work.
You have to choose a site, choose a day of the month and time.
Then be dedicated to showing up every month.
It will be tough at first but should steadily grow.
Good luck and we are all glad you are doing this. We need more around the State.
For those in Charlotte, please pick a place and time. Just do it.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Build it and they will come! I like the idea of near Hickory and Klingspor store! I visited the Cary group once and loved it. Would love to see one near Hickory.

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
Roger if were in Hickory either day works if close to noon.
I agree with Mike pick a location/day/time to meet each month and see what happens.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Now make a separate post for the Hickory bunch to sign up so you can make reservations! Have fun!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS