Doug Stowe

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
As someone who learned wood working from books, I would start with the Basic Box Making book.
A lot can be learned with box building. One of my first books was Box by Box by Jim Stack. It taught different techniques and styles of boxes.

Last edited:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I would also go to YouTube. Doug has a video series of 18 videos for basic box making.
Thanks, I have already watched a couple of these videos. I really like having info on paper. This way I do not have to depend on my memory. I will use both sources.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
As someone who learned wood working from books, I would start with the Basic Box Making book.
A lot can be learned with box building. One of my first books was Box by Box by Jim Stack. It taught different techniques and styles of boxes.
I am also self taught. I used magazines and books. I started in early 1994. I have stopped making furniture and have been looking for smaller items. I have found just because you can make one thing does not mean you can make something different. I am going to start with the basics and work my way up to the complex.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS