2024 Annual Picnic RSVP May 18, 2024

Please click on the number in your party

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
@Chaz, maybe you can find someone local to your area to rideshare with. I know it can make for a long day, but I've never regretted spending time with like minded folks. It's almost a 2-hr one-way trip for me.

It's traditionally been held at Jordan Lake, I don't recall any discussions of it being held elsewhere.
Early on we tried a few other locations, they just did not work out. And for a while there was a second annual picnic near Shelby, NC.
The lead man for that event retired from leadership and I'm not sure if anyone is carrying that on.
Bottom line, we found a place that is central to the majority of the membership and it is working well for the most people.
We have people from Virginia, SC, TN, most of NC every year. And one in Chicago who keeps promising to show up someday.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Last year we actually had someone come down from upstate New York for the picnic.

First Due David

Dave
User
The annual picnic will be held on May 18 at Jordan Lake State Park
This is free to all members and their guests who RSVP.

RSVP is required so everyone can get stuffed with BBQ
Also you MUST RSVP to be eligible to win a door prize (please click on the quantity in your party below)
There will be a door charge if you are not on the RSVP attendee list.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS RSVP THREAD WILL CLOSE ON MAY 11TH! (Don't wait too long to RSVP)

NCWW will provide the main dishes - catered from Danny's
We ask members to bring a side dish or dessert (Please post that on this link: What are you bringing to the picnic?)

Plus we will hold the annual raffle drawing - tickets will be on sale at the picnic, bring cash.
Additionally we will present the 2024 Golden Mallet award.

We have requested a sunny 75 degree day - PERFECT day for a NCWW picnic at the lake!
I will be there with one extra. We can bring some chips. We got about a 3-1/2 hr trip to get there for it.

rcoant379

Bob
User
Hello all, due to the fact that I am driving about 1500 miles (one-way) from New York State, would it be okay if I brought say rolls for the bbq? Kind of tough keeping a salad cool two days on the road or keep cookies from melting or crumbling. I suppose I could just buy something when I get to NC. Just let me know and I’ll bring whatever is needed. Bob Coant, Fulton, NY

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Poll for RSVP closes 5/11. If you have made a selection, you should see an orange check beside the option you selected. You can change your vote, make sure to press Save to confirm your choice.

If you have responded to attend and you find you cannot attend, please change your RSVP selection to "0".

We are using these numbers to gauge the amount of food to purchase and the number of door prizes to have on hand.

Thank you!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS